Creative has a new webcam that it recently launched in the market, entering 2K territory with a resolution of 2560 x 1440. It’s the Creative Live Cam Sync V3.
This webcam can output up to 30fps at this resolution, making it an entry-to-midrange solution for 2K. However, its price is also the same for this, at just $49.99. It offers up to 4x digital zoom so you can crop part of the background if it is not desired.
There are two omnidirectional microphones so you can pick up anyone in the room, whether it’s a single person sitting at a computer or a meeting room with multiple subjects at a table (and offers up to 95 degrees of field of view of vision (FOV).
Like most webcams today, it’s plug-n-play so no drivers are required and it will work with any app that provides webcam access (e.g. Zoom, Skype, Teams , etc.). The company provides software for Windows users to help adjust image and audio quality and you can choose to use something like OBS to take things a step further.
It’s a little surprising that Creative hasn’t just tried to go 4K with everyone. However, the company might be looking to focus on more affordable options for the time being.
*Average price is based on when this item was published
- Digital zoom range: up to 4X
- Resolution: Max: QHD (1440p) @ 30 fps / FHD (1080p) @ 30 fps
- Field of view: up to 95 degrees
- Built-in microphones: Yes
- Dimensions (L x W x H), weight: 82 x 53 x 58 mm / 3.23 x 2.09 x 2.28 inch, 95.7 g (3.38 oz)
- Cable length (end to end): 1.8m / 5.9ft
- Privacy Lens Cover: Yes
- SmartComms Kit: via Creative app for Windows only
- Platform Compatibility: Windows PC, macOS