A man has died after losing consciousness while taking Class A drugs on camera in an online chat room with other users, an investigation has revealed.

Liam Eddison, 25, was found unconscious by his grandmother at his address in the Charlton neighborhood of Greenwich on the evening of September 16 last year.

The opening of an investigation into his death at Inner South London Coroner’s Court on June 28 learned of how he had taken a cocktail of recreational substances on webcam with a group of other users.

READ MORE:Former model and mother of two, 47, committed suicide after her teenage son died in a motorcycle crash



South London Coroner’s Court

Deputy coroner Dr Julian Morris told the court that Liam’s close friend, who was in the online group, called his grandmother when he noticed he had fallen unconscious.

Liam’s grandmother rushed to the scene, shortly followed by police and London Ambulance Service paramedics, but he was pronounced dead.

Dr Morris said: “Regarding the circumstances surrounding Mr Eddison, he was a known drug user and apparently also had a history of self-harm. On the evening of September 16, 2020, he was in a chatroom. computer for drug addicts – a chat room where everyone [did] drugs together in front of the camera.

“He was there and a friend who knew him well, who was also there, saw him pass out on a webcam. The friend called his grandmother, who went to the address and found him and called London Ambulance Service. The police attended and found drug paraphernalia which would belong to class A. ”

The coroner added that Liam was kicked out of his mother’s home at 14 and was introduced to drugs “at a very young age.”



The awesome new newsletter from MyLondon The 12 is packed with news, views, features and opinions from all over the city.

Each day we will send you a free email around noon with 12 stories to keep you entertained, informed and uplifted. It’s the perfect read for lunch.

The MyLondon team tells London stories to Londoners. Our 45 journalists cover all the news you need – from town hall to your local streets.

Never miss a moment by signing up for The 12 newsletter here.

A toxicology report made after his death confirmed the presence of five different types of recreational drugs.

A subsequent autopsy gave a medical cause of death from cardiorespiratory failure 1A caused by drug use 1B.

Dr Morris has confirmed he will open an investigation into the “unnatural death” and has adjourned a full hearing to a date to be confirmed.

If you know Liam and would like to contribute a tribute article in his memory, contact [email protected]

Want the latest crime news delivered straight to your inbox? Click on here.